Thursday, November 11, 2010

John Edgar Park has a trigger mouth!

triggerMouth_1.jpg
triggerMouth_2.jpg

We love John Park, we really do, but as David Letterman likes to say: "That boy ain't hooked up right." Or, at least he wasn't until he came up with this ingenious little button for triggering his camera while doing project photography for our Dremel Around the Maker Workshop series. He writes:

I pulled apart an old phone headset to reuse the 2.5mm plug and wire to build my remote camera trigger. I plugged it into my Canon's remote jack, then determined which wire to short for the shutter release. I shoot in manual focus, so I ignored the wire that triggers auto focus. The switch is an arcade button and seems to be immune to saliva. Bonus!

May we say: Ew... (And, nice little hack, John Boy!)

Read the Full Story » | More on MAKE » | Comments » | Read more articles in Photography | Digg this!

Nicole Polizzi Roger Ailes Dave Eggers

No comments:

Post a Comment